EP. 9 – VOICES OF LEGALWEEK18
Summary: Armed with a portable microphone and eight questions on the past, present, and future of the legal tech industry, we struck out to capture a taste of the #Legalweek18 experience for our listeners. A compilation of short answers to important question from 18 of legal tech’s key thinkers and innovators, this “Voices of Legalweek18” podcast (Episode 9 of the Blacklines & Billables podcast) encapsulates some of the most important trends in legal technology and reflects the important conversations happening at one of the largest legal tech conferences in the world.
- Looking back, what was the most important legal tech trend or development of 2017?
- Looking forward, what will be the most important legal tech trend or development of 2018?
- What’s something that over-hyped on today’s legal tech landscape?
- What’s something that under-hyped on today’s legal tech landscape?
- Who is your favorite legal tech Twitter/social media follow?
- What’s the most significant current obstacle to the wider adoption of legal technology?
- Name an institution on the legal landscape (firm, school, corporate, etc.) doing something particularly innovative.
- What has been (or do you expect to be) your favorite part of Legalweek18?
A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF OUR GUESTS (IN ORDER OF FIRST APPEARANCE):
- Dan Jansen, CEO of Nextlaw Ventures
- Catherine Krow, Founder and CEO of Digitory Legal
- Casey Flaherty, Procertas
- Daryl Shetterly, Director of Orrick Analytics
- Andrew Arruda, Cofounder and CEO of ROSS Intelligence
- Oliver Goodenough, Professor at Vermont Law School, VP and Director of Skopos Labs
- Nehal Madhani, Founder and CEO of Alt Legal
- Haley Altman, Founder and CEO of Doxly
- Dan Linna, Professor and Director of Legal RnD at Michigan State University College of Law
- Alma Asay, Chief Innovation Officer of Integreon
- Bob Craig, CIO of Baker & Hostetler
- Stephen Allen, Global Head of Legal Service Delivery of Hogan Lovells
- Ryan Alshak, CEO of Ping
- Bob Ambrogi, Creator of Law Sites, Editor and Publisher of LexBlog
- Emily Foges, CEO of Luminance
- Patrick Fuller, VP of Legal Intelligence at ALM Intelligence
- Nick Bruch, Senior Legal Market Analyst at ALM Intelligence
- Bill O’Boyle, Founder and CEO of North State Consulting